Monday, September 28, 2009

Music is my Muse

Today music is my inspiration... my muse.  It soothes my soul and helps me remember times past.  Traveling on a cloud of wonderful but mostly painful memories.  Thinking of old experiences with my good mentors: heartache, sorrow, and pain.  These were faithful to me, many years ago, when solitude creeped under a closed door. 

Amazingly enough, a song can take you through a window into a past that you had forgotten.  To a time when you were heartbroken, when you were troubled, and eager to know the meaning of life.  If you haven't healed from that broken heart yet, that song can bring a tear to your eye.  But if you have healed,  it can only make you smile and even encourage you to acknowledge the fact that you overcame it... that you survived.  That when you thought all was lost... it wasn't.  You weren't left out to the wolves.  God knew exactly what He was doing when He allowed you to suffer the way He did.  Not because He was wicked and enjoyed watching you break.  There was a purpose for those tears.  Those tears were to strengthen you, to take you to a higher level and to bring you closer to your Maker.

Thinking back on it now; I don't know about you, but I'm glad I went through the pain.  It made me who I am today.  And those lovely songs and powerful music that once made me cry, 'til the tears dried on my pillow, are my prescious muse today.  So thank you for the inspiration.

No comments: