Friday, February 18, 2011

When is Life Unjust?


When does life become unjust?



When you pray for a happy childhood- but hurt all the way. When you wait all your life to meet Prince Charming- and once you find him- you lose him. again and again. When you wait to wear the white dress- to only get the rug pulled from under. When you pray to have children- to only be called infertile.

At what point does life become unjust? When is it too late to be happy? Is it ever too soon? Should you expect the worst, in order, to hope for the best?
At what point do you block the last punch? When you're down, do you get back up and keep fighting? What do you do when you know your opponent is stronger? Life can hit you where it hurts- again and again. When does it become unjust? Is enough ever enough? 
 There are so many why's in life but never enough answers. Today we hope for a better tomorrow, but sometimes tomorrow never gets here. Or sometimes, your life is shorten without accomplishing all you set out to do. Or sometimes, the life you set out to live takes you down a dark road with no exit. Do you stay in the dark or walk back into the light? Do you hang up the gloves or continue to fight?
As much as I've been hurt in life, life itself continues to push me to fight. I don't know what tomorrow brings, but I do know I'll wait until tomorrow to find out. Because 'why worry about tomorrow, when today brings with it its own burden'? We know that 'It rains on the just as well as the unjust'.  That alone should be our warning. So when life pushes you, do yourself the favor and push back. What other choice do you have? 
When does life become unjust? If we stop asking, we might just get answers.
© 2011 Ellie Kings Art: The Boxer by Leffler Studio

12 comments:

Wendy Paine Miller said...

I'm hoping in the tomorrow. Believing in it.

And this is a lesson I learn again and again. Some questions don't have answers.
~ Wendy

Diane said...

I guess I figure what are my choices... I gotta get back up with God's grace and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Hugs :O)

Tana said...

Oh I do like to push back. Also, I write my best when I'm angry. ;) Oh dear, did I say that out loud?

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

so many unaswered questions...I'm beginning to gain acceptance as I have wasted so much energy trying to figure out they whys....I try to live in the moment, the second even...and take baby steps. My thoughts have been along these same lines as of late.

Betty Manousos said...

Beautiful...and beautifully written.
I can totally relate to yours thoughts.

We must not give up the fight for life.
Here's my favourite quote:
Don't wait for something big to occur. Start where you are, with what you have, and that will always lead you into something greater.

Thank you for this post and your great thoughts!

B xx

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

I don't ask 'why' anymore, but always 'how'.
How can I deal with this? How does God expect me to react and go on? And how can I learn from this.
Great post, thanks.

VICTORIA SAAVEDRA said...

It's never too late to be happy and never too early to hope. God has a plan for all of us, and I believe there is some happiness in that plan.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I am truly sorry for the pain you have experienced in your life. I am glad you are writing and processing and thinking. Thank you for this honest post.

Fondly,
Glenda

Lola Sharp said...

Focus on the beauty, the magic, the love, the humor, helping others because there is a lot of beauty and fun to be had. And, yeah, fight when needed. Never give up the fight.

Your blog header is gorgeous! :)

I'm new here. *smile*
Hugs,
Lola

Ellie Kings said...

Thanks again for the encouragement friends. It's good to know I'm not alone in the fight. It's been a little hard to write, but I'm pushing myself. By knowing that you're still there following along in my journey towards healing, gives me a little more hope.

Donna B. said...

Your writing is so beautiful because you bare your soul in brutal honesty. Your heart is fierce and loyal to your love. I admire that. I can relate... it brings back vivid memories...

Peaches Ledwidge said...

I like your writing and your most recent poem.