Friday, September 25, 2009

Enjoy a Good Laugh

Last night, just before my eyes closed for the night, tucked in bed and lay my head on the pillow... I laughed.  I laughed so hard the lining of my stomach felt like tearing.  My chest hurt and my eyes watered. I tried to stop... I really did, but the more I thought about it, I couldn't.  Of course, I'm not going to tell you what I was laughing about... it's really not the point.  Even if I told you, it probably wouldn't be funny to you.  It was my laugh, my moment... a moment that I hadn't had in a very long time.  As a matter of fact, I can't even remember the last time I laughed so hard. 

I don't know if age has a play in it.  I can remember laughing everyday, many times a day when I was a teenager... but as you get older, things change.  The little child inside you tends to grow up and the silly things that once made you laugh don't anymore.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to forget those good days nor the inner child inside me.
So whenever you're having a bad day and can't bring yourself to smile... remember the good laughs you once had and try to enjoy one today.

No comments: