Sunday, September 9, 2012

Alone without my Words


When I'm alone, I think...
of many things keeping me up at night
Wonderful words waking me in the early hour 
I toss and turn as they slip away, out of reach
In my dreams, sitting at the edge of the shore
Waiting for them to return to me
The wind is fierce, it hits my face and I can't breathe
The fog has come and I can't see
Where are the words that made me speak?
I can almost touch them, but they wither back to sea.

And I sit alone without my words
Without my poems, without my songs, without my speech.

I miss my words.
Come back to me...

© September 2012 Ellie Kings
Art by David Revoy

6 comments:

dianne said...

A beautiful heartfelt poem dear Ellie and the image is a lovely choice.
I hope you can catch those words which are slipping away from you, I hope they come back to you. I know how you feel, there is a void, an emptiness that can never be filled.
I hope the days and nights will become more peaceful for you and you can find happiness again.
Take care and God bless sweet Ellie!
xoxoxo ♡

Southhamsdarling said...

I agree with dianne above. That was such a beautiful poem and conveyed how you feel so well. It was good to see a post from you today, and I pray that you are gradually and slowly healing. Blessings to you.

Peaches Ledwidge said...

Writers' block?

Sometimes situations in life steal our words or ability to express.

SANTIAGO said...

Ah... I feel this poem. Very beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Ellie Kings said...

Thanks friends. It's good to know I'm not alone. Last night I was able to catch a few words from the shore. xo

Ellie Kings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.