Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Beating of my Heart




My poor Heart took a hard beating
Out in the winter cold
Surprisingly, he held onto dear life
He lay there bleeding in the wet snow
As I ran to lift him up
I heard him slow his beat
I thought for sure he wouldn't survive
From all the bruises and the hurt



He was rushed to Intensive care
Barely alive, but he survived
Unfortunately, he stayed in a deep sleep

In that coma God softly took his time to heal him
He didn't rush things because he knew my poor Heart needed time
Time to think of every moment he was happy
Time to reflect on all the heartaches he had lived through
Time to consider how far the journey had been
Time to appreciate the Love he had found

While my Heart lay there more than two years
Many thought he would never wake up
But they were wrong

One night when all was quiet
and the nurses were busy making rounds
My Heart slowly opened his eyes
Looking more peaceful than ever
He didn't ask how did he get there
He didn't ask how long he'd been sleeping
He simply asked, 'where is my Love?'

As I sat next to my poor Heart
I held his hand and dried his tears
I said, 'I'm sorry Heart, but Love died'
Confused he looked at me and smiled
'No it didn't; it just left for a little while
My Love will be back soon and I'll be patiently waiting'
I didn't argue with my Heart
After all, who better than him to know Love best

© July 2012 Ellie Kings

Painting: You still Live on in Us by Shawna Erback

5 comments:

steveroni said...

He is correct, not confused. Love never dies, is never dead. The Universe is conceived out of love.

The human heart has in common with God...that attribute--LOVE! Only difference: God's love is perfect. Ours is consistently, constantly,
being honed.

May God bless you and keep you strong. Strength does grow from weakness, as love also becomes the stronger.

He is there. Your love is with you, patiently waiting.

Blessings.
PEACE!
(and love!)
Steve

Ellie Kings said...

Thanx Steve for the reminder & the warm wishes! Wonderful interpretation of Love. God bless! :)

Ellie Kings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dianne said...

Ellie dear this is so very beautiful, love never dies it lives on in our hearts forever.

Thank you for your lovely comment at my blog. I am so pleased that you understood my words, you of all people would understand.
Not so poetic, but my true feelings.
I am surviving, just missing my friend.
I hope you have found some peace my dear, separation from anyone we love is hard to bear.
Love and hugs, Dianne.
xoxoxo ♡

Ellie Kings said...

Dianne, I am so grateful for friends like you with your motivating words, with your understanding & love. Thank you so much Dianne. I have found some inner peace though I'm still working on it. Today's post offers some insight on what I've been dealing with. Much love & hugs dearest friend! xoxo