Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Just One More Day

There are times when I think back on what I had and wish I could relive those moments again. I think of him walking through the front door, giving me kisses and hugs, making me feel like a queen, as if he worshipped the ground I walked on.

I think of all those mornings I'd wake up and there he was, lying next to me with a smile... quietly tracing my face. I realized then he had watched over me as I slept, making me feel safe. As if all the monsters in my nightmares were fought off with his sweet love.

I wish I could turn back time and extend those seconds with him. Moments that were just for us. The alone moments, the together moments, the sweet nothing moments, the long walk moments, the deep talk moments. All those little, and yet monumental moments that are now priceless. Seconds, minutes, hours... wonderful memories that today I wouldn't trade for a million dollars.

It's amazing how little we cherish those moments when we do have them.

If I could have one day filled with all those precious moments... I'd be happy... even if it was for just -one more day.


© 2011 Ellie Kings
Art by Joey Remmers

8 comments:

dianne said...

Ellie dear, I am so sorry that all of these precious moments have been taken away from you and all you have left are the memories.
I wish I could turn back time for you and not just give you one more day but all of the days for your lives to have continued on as they were meant to.
Sending you thoughts of peace and comfort sweet girl.
xoxoxo ♡

Southhamsdarling said...

Beautiful, haunting post today, and I really do feel for you and all that you have lost. I really do pray that, in the future, you will know a love like that again. You deserve that.

Donna B. said...

I feel your loneliness for him...he will always live in your heart my sweet... I know the emptiness you feel. Know and believe he would NOT want you feeling like this. He only wanted your happiness and love.

Venture out...release your heart...let your soul breathe...take deep breaths of courage and invite the world in... love will come again dear friend. I know it feels like it will never happen, never be the same...

It will happen...if you let it. It won't be the same. Every love is special and unique shared only by the two of you.

I want you to live again. I want you to smile. I want you to be happy. You know he would want that for you... love and hugs to you precious girl...

Susan R. Mills said...

Although the content is sad, this post is beautifully written. I think of you often, Ellie.

Ellie Kings said...

Thank you girls for your kind messages, for encouraging and uplifting me. Healing is coming slowly. Thanks for the love.

steveroni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
steveroni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah Marie said...

Your poems are beautiful. They make me feel something Thank you . . .